HOURS: Full time
SUPERVISED BY: Principal
FLSA STATUS: Not Exempt
AREA/PLACE: Spring Valley, California / Santa Sophia Academy Preschool
JOB DATES: Beginning ASAP
POSITION SUMMARY: This person who fills this position is responsible for handling all problems related to the administration of the preschool and to specific aspects thereof, such as: keeping records that pertain to administration of the preschool, planning and implementing a program for professional growth, keeping abreast of research and new developments in the field of early childhood, and supervising the management of classroom space and equipment, scheduling the responsibilities of the teaching staff, planning for and keeping budget, and leading a team of teachers and being outgoing, warm, and caring to students, parents, and staff.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE but not limited to
* Supervises and directs activities of preschool staff to ensure conformity with governmental law.
* Help to prepare the annual budget and operate the preschool within the budget.
* Purchase equipment and supplies and arrange for repairs and maintenance.
* Manage and stock supplies as needed. Replace equipment as needed.
* Recruit applicants to fill staff vacancies and select staff members.
* Arrange for substitute help as needed and conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings.
* Assist the staff in developing a workable plan for using the indoor and outdoor space.
* Interview parents of prospective students.
* Maintain an active system of parent-school relationships and plan for parent orientation.
* Plan and implement a safety program for the preschool, keep informed of the preschool’s legal responsibilities and liabilities.
* Plan for and conduct fire/emergency/disaster drills.
* Meet state and local regulations regarding meal preparation facilities.
* Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Meets the required Title 22 requirements for a Preschool Director
* Four or more years teaching experience in a licensed child care facility
* Some experience as an assistant director or director of a licensed Preschool or child care facility
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, QuickBooks)
* Criminal Background Clearance (Live Scan for the Diocese of San Diego – #29 – required)
* Knowledge of Developmentally Appropriate Practices, Reggio, Core Knowledge, Creative Curriculum, emergent curriculum
* Knowledge of Title 22 requirements
* Proof of TB clearance within six months prior to employment
* Fifteen hours of preventative health and safety training and current
* CPR/First Aide/AED certification
* Thorough knowledge and familiarity with the organizational structure and practices of the Roman Catholic Church
Please submit cover letter and resume to santasophiaacademyoffice@